Using Graduate Attributes
- Click here if you wish to review Graduate Attributes at programme level.
- Click here if you wish to review Graduate Attributes at module level.
Step 1: With your programme team, answer the following questions:
- How might graduates from your programme likely to be employed in 5 or 10 years time?
- What will distinguish 'successful' graduates of your programme (either professionally or personally)?
- From the full list of graduate attributes, are there particular attributes that you feel all your graduates should develop in order to be successful? How might these be prioritised?
- How will students be provided with a range of opportunities to develop, practice and be assessed on an agreed range of graduate attributes during their period of study?
Step 2: Organise a Diamond-9 workshop to help prioritise the graduate attributes in your programme.
In a Diamond-9 workshop, participants are provided with cards identifying all graduate attributes and their category and asked to prioritise these by selecting the nine most relevant and organsining these into a diamond shape.
See the output of some Diamond-9 activities undertaken by programme teams.
You can request a set of cards by emailing email@example.com.
You can request facilitation for your workshop (if desired) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 3: Map the graduate attributes across your programme.
Use the Programme Mapping Tool to identify modules in your programme where each of the graduate attributes are evident, and where the current gaps are.
Use the full set of graduate attributes to help you identify further the definition and rationale for each of the graduate attributes.
Step 4: As a programme team, reflect on the outputs of steps 1, 2, and 3.
- What has this told you about the graduate attributes of graduates from your programme?
- What changes, if any, are necessary for your programme?
Step 1: Review the full set of graduate attributes.
Step 2: Identify those graduate attributes you would like to explore further for your module.
Step 3: Using the answers provided to the following questions, for each of the graduate attributes, identify ways in which you can enhance how your module reflects those graduate attributes.
Contact us at email@example.com