Our new VLE - and a great opportunity to rethink blended and online education at TU Dublin - City Campus!
Replacing webcourses/Blackboard from August 2019
Go-live date: August 2019 - Follow the project on this website and on Twitter at #VLE4TUDUBLINCC
D2L Brightspace is used extensively in the US and Canada, and it is now coming to TU Dublin - City Campus. TU Delft has recently undergone a similar (and successful) move from Blackboard to Brightspace, and University College Dublin have also chosen Brightspace as their new VLE and are just a short way ahead of TU Dublin - City Campus in the change process.
Reasons to get excited about Brightspace
- in-built eportfolio tool available to every student for their time at TU Dublin - City Campus, and beyond
- visually appealing and easy to use by both lecturers and students, fully responsive and built for mobile
- in-built video assignment tool and video feedback tool
- enhanced usability - drag and drop functionality, multiple file upload, add content directly from GSuite/OneDrive and more
- student success and engagement data is easy to access and very well visualised
- 24/7 chat and email support for TU Dublin - City Campus staff
- and a lot more!