A Masterclass in Big Data Analytics - Transform Information into Insight and Value
An Open Day is being held in Dublin and Cork, aimed at informing Business and Technology managers about Big Data Analytics and how it can rapidly deliver competitive advantage for businesses.
Each event will consist of overviews of the state-of-the-art in analytics covering visualisation, data management and analytics techniques. There will also be several short presentations from Irish companies outlining the business value being derived from the everyday application of Data Analytics. Attendees will have the opportunity to experience hands-on demonstrations from Irish companies showing how Big Data Analytics is unlocking hidden value in their data.
The event is hosted by the Centre for Applied Data Analytics (CeADAR) which is an industry-led technology centre for the development, and deployment of analytic technology and innovation. The Centre is a joint initiative between Enterprise Ireland and the IDA and involves an academic partnership between DIT, UCD and UCC. The partners work closely with Irish based companies to make the centre an internationally renowned hub for data analytics research.
The Centre’s work focuses on developing tools, techniques and technologies that enable more people, organisations and industries to use analytics for better decision making. The primary outputs are prototypes and demonstrators, along with state of the art reviews of data analytics technology, tools, best-practice methodologies and processes.
CeADAR’s 3 core work programmes are:
- Intelligent Analytic Interfaces allow ordinary users to derive benefits from exploring data, developing insights and communicating results from advanced analytics tools
- Data Management for Analytics develops approaches, methods and tools to improve, simplify and reduce the effort involved in the management of data for analytics purposes
- Advanced Analytics creates approaches, tools and techniques for social trending, social fingerprinting, continuous analytics and the detection of cause and effect across data streams
The Open Day will feature:
- 3 talks overviewing the state of the art in the core areas of Big Data Analytics
- 8 industry presentations illustrating real-world applications of Big Data Analytics
- 20 hands-on demonstrators of analytics tools co-developed with the CeADAR Centre
09:00-09:30 Continental breakfast and hands-on Big Data Analytics demonstrators
09:30-09:40 Welcome & introduction to CeADAR
09:40-10:10 Overview of Big Data Analytics
10:10-10:40 Industry Experts Panel: Industry’s challenges and opportunities with analytics
10:40-11:25 Examples from Irish companies of Big Data Analytics at work
11:30-13:00 Lunch and hands-on Big Data Analytics demonstrators
Click here to register for the Dublin Event on Thursday, 18th September 2014
Click here to register for the Cork Event on Tuesday, 23rd September 2014