DIT Hothouse promoting innovation with the Industry Research & Development Group
Above (L to R): Ben Breen, Sulzer Pumps; Shane Hayes, Novartis; Stephen Davis, DIT Hothouse; Paul Maguire, DIT Hothouse and Terry Landers, Microsoft.
DIT Hothouse took part in the Industry Research and Development Group’s (IRDG) latest member conference at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Blanchardstown on Tuesday, 8th October.
The IRDG was celebrating its 21st anniversary by treating its members to a ‘Master Class in Creating Innovation with New and Old Friends’. The event was very well attended, with over 100 IRDG members from all parts of Ireland present on the day. The Key note speaker was world renowned Motivational Expert and accomplished author, Nigel Risner, who communicated (in his own very unique style) the dynamic strategies available to help companies succeed in their innovation efforts. Nigel strongly emphasised the benefits to Irish companies in collaborating on R&D projects with third level institutions and other organisations. As an active supporter of the IRDG, DIT Hothouse was invited to showcase the latest technologies available to industry and discuss research collaboration opportunities with IRDG members.
Among the latest technologies on show from DIT Hothouse were:
- VOIP OPTIMISATION SOFTWARE - An application that improves the quality of VoIP calls
- VHF CASEMATE - A waterproof and shockproof Smartphone casing
- ARC-TIME - A workplace productivity monitoring tool for welding
- METOMETER - An instrument for the simultaneous measurement of wind speed, direction and turbulence
- ANTIOXIDANT RICH FOOD INGREDIENTS - A novel process that converts apple waste into an antioxidant rich food ingredient.