Research and Innovation Open Day in DIT Aungier St - 12th June 2013
DIT Hothouse was involved in a Research and Innovation Open Day that took place in DIT Aungier Street on Wednesday, 12th June 2013.
This collaborative event is organised by the Dublin Technological University Alliance - a unique partnership between Dublin Institute of Technology (DIT), IT Blanchardstown (ITB) and IT Tallaght (ITT).
Guest of Honour at the event was Minister for State, Sean Sherlock, TD. He toured the exhibition and spoke to many of the researchers and creators of the projects along with industry partners. He also spoke to the audience about the critical role that research and innovation will play in Ireland’s economic recovery.
The Open Day showcased examples of research projects from all three Institutes of Technology, under the following themes:
- Environment, Energy and Health Research.
- Information, Communications and Media Technologies Research.
- Materials and Devices Research.
- Societal, Cultural and Enterprise Research.
Those who attended the event benefitted from:
- Finding out more about existing industry-academia research projects.
- Learning about Irish companies who have benefited from collaborating with academia and how this has impacted on their businesses.
- Meeting experienced researchers who have worked with companies and made successful joint applications for funding.
- Learning about funding opportunities.
- Finding out about technologies available to license.
- Had the opportunity to network with Industry representatives.
For more information on the Research & Innovation open Day contact Stephen Davis, Hothouse Marketing Officer on 01 402 7144 or email firstname.lastname@example.org