This site uses a number of third party cookies. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies in accordance with our Cookie Policy




Use of own vehicle 

Please refer to DIT Travel and Subsistence Policy B3


Insurance on Privately Owned Vehicles: It is the responsibility of the employee to ensure that in advance of travelling they have adequate motor insurance in place. DIT will not accept liability for any loss or damage resulting from the use of privately owned transport on Institute business.  

Use of staff’s private vehicle to visit students on placement or transport students to DIT events is considered to be in connection with their occupation and not considered to be in a private capacity. Therefore, the cover on the motor policy will need to include business use and provide a specific indemnity to DIT. Evidence of the same should be provided to the Office of the Institute Secretary in advance of the trip.


Vehicles rental: vehicles rented to be used in connection with DIT business will be covered under the Motor fleet policy.

The following information must be sent in advance to the Insititute Secretary's Office:





Rental Period