Services for Alumni
Alumni and External Readers
Who may apply for external membership?
External membership is open to retired TU Dublin City Campus staff, graduates and members of the Graduate Network. External membership is also open to retired staff and students of the former Dublin Institute of Technology. Other applicants with particular needs may apply at the discretion of each TU Dublin City Campus College Librarian.
How much does it cost?
The fee for external membership is €60 per annum, and €40 per annum for members of the Graduate Network.
Guest library access for members of the Graduate Network is available at no charge, but does not entitle the user to access online resources, library PCs, WiFi or borrowing.
What am I entitled to?
- As an external reader, you may use TU Dublin City Campus libraries for reference and study purposes, circumstances permitting. Priority will be given to current TU Dublin City Campus students during busy periods.
- External readers may borrow 2 books for 14 days.
- Photocopying facilities are available.
- External readers do not have access to library computing facilities.
- Access to online databases, ebooks and ejournals is also precluded as licence agreements limit their use to current, registered TU Dublin City Campus staff and students.
How do I apply?
Once you have registered, at https://www.dit.ie/graduatenetwork/:
- Download the External Reader application form or collect one from any TU Dublin City Campus library.
- Present the form in the library, pay the relevant fee by cash or cheque, and have the form authorised and signed.
- Go to the Student Service Centre (with your signed authorised form) to have your photograph taken and your card produced.
Location: Student Service Centre, Room G-044, Ground Floor, Aungier Street
Student Service Centre, Room 319, First Floor, TU Dublin City Campus Bolton Street
Opening hours: Monday to Thursday 9am to 1pm, 2pm-5pm, and Friday 9am-1pm, 2pm-4pm.