BA English-Universidad Complutense de Madrid; BA Spanish-UNED, Madrid; Higher Diploma in Education-Universidad Complutense de Madrid; MA Teaching of Spanish as a Foreign Language-Universidad de Alcalá, Madrid; 3 Certificates in Spanish Applied Linguistics and a Diploma Teaching of Spanish for Commerce-Universidad de Alcala de Henares, Madrid; PhD in Spanish Literature-UCD.
I have been working in DIT as a Spanish lecturer since 2011, previously a lectured Spanish in UCD, NUI Maynooth and Nagasaki University College of Foreign Languages.
I have lectured general Spanish modules, Spanish for Business modules, Spanish Culture and Literature modules.
I am currently preparing for publication in “The search of the subject in three contemporary Spanish novels” presented in June at the XV International Association of Women Philosophers Symposium. Universidad de Alcalá, Madrid.
I look forward to supervising postgraduate students in joint projects with the School of Business and the School of Tourism.
- In Press: “A tribute to Chandler´s The Long Good Bye in Soledad Puértola’s El bandido doblemente armado. Martín Escribá, A. y J. Sánchez Zapatero, (eds). La consolidación del género negro. A Coruña: Andavira.
- April 2014: “Intertextuality from Hitchcock’s film noir in Soledad Puértolas Queda la noche”, Martín Escribá, A. y J. Sánchez Zapatero, (eds). La (re)invención del género negro. A Coruña: Andavira.
- December 2009: Soledad Puértolas’ Queda la noche, Carmen Martin Gaite’s Nubosidad variable and Rosa Regàs’ Azul: From postmodernism to neomodernism. (PhD Thesis)
- February 2000: “Spanish culture teaching in the language class”.Nagasaki College of Foreign Languages Journal.
- November 1999: “The use of the Internet in the Language class”. Nagasaki College of Foreign Languages Journal.
- June 1997: Spanish literary texts used in the teaching of Spanish as a foreign language.Universidad de Alcalá de Henares. (MA Thesis)
- June 2014 “The search of the subject in three contemporary Spanish novels” XV International Association of Women Philosophers Symposium. Universidad de Alcalá.
- May 2014. “A tribute to Chandler’s The Long Goodbye in Soledad Puértola’s El bandido doblemente armado”. X Congress of Crime Fiction and Film Noir. Universidad de Salamanca.
- April 2013. “Intertextuality from Hitchcock’s Film Noir in Soledad Puértola’s Queda la noche”. IX Congress of Crime Fiction and Film Noir. Universidad de Salamanca.
- November 2008. “Intercultural encounters in Nubosidad variable, Queda la nocheand Azul” Women in Spanish and Portuguese Studies IX Conference “Transcultural Encounters”. DCU.
- November 2007 “After Postmodernism: Themes in Three Spanish Contemporary Novels”. Queens University Belfast Postgraduate Symposium in Hispanic Studies.
- September 2007 “Adaptation of the Travel Genre in Three Spanish Contemporary Novels”. Conference on Travel Literature. Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
- January 2007 “Literary Prizes in Spain”. Cambridge University Postgraduate Symposium in Hispanic Studies.
- October 2006 “Travel Genre Adaptation in Azul and Queda la noche”. UCD Hispanic and Lusophone Research Seminar.
- April 2006 “The Search of the Narrator’s Identity in Azul”. UCD Postgraduate Symposium in Hispanic Studies.
- December 2004 “Six Contemporary Spanish Novels”. NUI Maynooth. Hispanic and Lusophone Research Seminar.