TU Dublin Official Languages Act Committee
Under the terms of the DIT / TU Dublin Official Languges Act Scheme, an Official Languages Act Committee for DIT / TU Dublin has been formed. The commmittee meets at least twice a year to monitor the implementation of Official Languages Act Scheme commitments and also the Regulations the Direct Duties of the Official Languages Act in DIT / TU Dublin.
Monitoring meetings are held yearly with an Coimisinéir Teanga/ The Language Commissioner who oversees the implementation of Official Languages Act Schemes, Regulations and Direct Duties in public bodies.
Terms of Reference for the TU Dublin Official Languages Act Committee
- Adopt the DIT / TU Dublin Official Languages Act 3 year scheme and co-ordinate the approach to the implementation of the scheme.
- Evaluate and review the implementation of the DIT / TU Dublin Official Languages Act Scheme and Regulations and Direct Duties of the Official Languages Act.
- Meet and review progress every six months on the implementation of the DIT / TU Dublin Official Languages Act Scheme, Official Languages Act Regulations and Direct Duties.
- Advise departments and schools participating in the DIT / TU Dublin Scheme on measures to implement the scheme, if necessary.
- Provide guidance to Oifig na Gaeilge and other TU Dublin departments providing support to all schools and departments participating in the DIT / TU Dublin Official Languages Act Scheme.
- Report yearly to the TU Dublin Governing Body and to Oifig an Choimisinéara Teanga on the progress of the scheme.
- Recommend the development of bilingual service provision across further departments and schools in TU Dublin for the next Official Languages Act Scheme.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like further information about the work of the committee or if you would be interested in becoming a member.