Dr. Jesus Urda Muñoz
Ph.D Film Studies, Trinity College Dublin, School of Creative Arts
Thesis title: "Juan Antonio Bardem: A Cinema in the Interstices of Cinema"
BA [Hons] English Studies, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
MA Teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language, UCM, Madrid, Spain
C.A.P [Spanish Equivalent to High Diploma in Education], Ministry of Education, Spain
MA Film Studies and Screenwriting, NUIG, Galway, Ireland
Assistant Lecturer, Spanish, Further Education Section, Charles de Gaulle University, Lille III, France
Language Assistant, Spanish Department, NUIG, Galway, Ireland
Lecturer, Spanish Department, NUIM, Maynooth, Ireland
Assistant Lecturer, School of Languages, DIT, Dublin
Spanish cinema, European cinema, Transnational cinema, pastiche, intertextuality, influence and authorship in cinema, aesthetics, language, translation, dubbing and identity in film.
- “Entrevista con José Luís Garci” [Article and Interview of Oscar-winner Spanish director], Desde el árbol gordo , Número11,June 2013, ISSN 1889-0318
- “Una de pistoleros”, Desde el árbol gordo,Número 2, December 2008, ISSN 1889-0318
- “De cine y de hombres”, Desde el árbol gordo,Número1,June 2008, ISSN 1889-0318
- El Patio de Peter Pan, dir.: Jesús Urda, [DVD compilation] “Hecho en Castilla la Mancha/Made in Castilla la Mancha 2010”, JCCM.
- ‘No Man’s land: Bardem’s hybrid stance’, European Cinema Forum, Exeter University, June, 2010
- ‘Baroque glances at society: the appropriation of decoupage, depth of field, pan-focus and the long take in the early films by J. A. Bardem’, Film Studies Postgraduate Forum, TCD, September, 2008
- ‘Calle Mayor and American Melodrama’, Film Studies Postgraduate Conference, Trinity College Dublin, 2007
- ‘Bardem’s Death of a Cyclist (1955): The Ugly Face of Franco’s Spain’, Ireland’s Postgraduates Symposium, UCD, 2006
- ‘Death of a Cyclist: a New Direction for Spanish Cinema’, UCD Postgraduate Conference, 2006
- ‘War Memories, Violence and Social Pathology in Saura’s La Caza’, Conference on War Memories and Violence in Contemporary Spain, UCC, Cork, 2005
- Workshop on The Use of Video in the Spanish Language Classroom, Instituto Cervantes, Dublin, May 2004
- Seminar on Authentic Video Materials in the Language Classroom, Universidad Complutense Madrid, July, 2002